Another glorious walk today, although the weather was more grey and murky, than the blazing sunshine we enjoyed last weekend. We took the boat across Derwentwater, and walked a couple of miles between High Brandlehow and Hawes End, stopping along the way for a picnic (which somehow managed to be in possibly the only slightly windy bit of the walk). We saw jays, a deer, plenty of ducks and geese, and a woodpecker, and much fun was had by all. The views, even though we weren’t high up, and there was mostly grey skies, were spectacular, and we might almost have convinced the boys to take a jaunt up Catbells one day.
- March Credit Crunch Munch Round Up - Fuss Free Flavours on Asparagus and Pea Soup – A Recipe From Leftovers
- Why Sands is such an important charity - Mummy Barrow on Charity Raffle in aid of SANDS
- Claire on Meal Planning Monday – The Post Poorlyness Edition
- Mama Owl on Meal Planning Monday – The Post Poorlyness Edition
- Seren on Meal Planning Monday – The Post Poorlyness Edition
Tagsbaking birds boats boys brothers cake Children chocolate collie cooking Cumbria daffodils days out dinner Dog family Family walks Flowers food Friends hat healthy holidays house Lake District lego Love lunch meal planning Mummy parenting poodle recipe reflection review river rocks Romance school splash Spring Stewart Smith Photography toys Valentine's Day water