I have been tagged in a meme by Liz from Weston Communications, and frankly, it seems rude not to participate. So, Liz wants to know more about me, and then for me to pass the meme along so we can all find out more about everyone. I am afraid I am really not very interesting, but here goes…
1. My dad is famous. Well, sort of. In the right circles. He was on It’s Only A Theory with Andy Hamilton and Reginald D Hunter (or Reg, as my mum now calls him) as the animal behaviour expert, answering the question “Why Do Dogs Bark”. And I am inordinately proud.
2. I am scared of cows. Because they are scary. And when I was little I was chased across a field by a herd of the evil creatures. Although, I suppose they might just have been coming to see the dog I was with. But it certainly didn’t feel like that when I was 5.
3. When I was on holiday in Spain in 2008 we had possibly the worst holiday for mishaps and unfortunate incidents – I fell and broke my arm the morning after arrival (left untreated for a week because I was too scared to go to hospital), my mum got pickpocketted to the tune of £100, and we got parking tickets on both of the hire cars we were using to get around.
4. I used to have a black and white cat called Smartie – so named because I was eating Smarties when I was given her as a present by my mum and dad. She used to let me put dolls hats on her and push her round in my doll’s pram (I was 4).
5. Before children I worked as a dispensing optician, and at the age of 22 was the manager of a large high street branch of a multinational optical chain.
6. If I could do any job in the world I would either follow in my dad’s footsteps and be an animal behaviourist, or open a gorgeously stylish cafe/tearoom, which served delicious homemade cakes, and have an art gallery and maybe a little florist attached.
7. I have the best husband ever, and some of the best friends I could ever wish for – both ones I have known for years and more recent additions. I love my friends dearly and would do anything I can to help them out, and try to make them happy. And I hope they know who they are.
So there you have it. And now, as tradition says, I have to tag seven other people to join in with this meme. So, what can you tell me that I didn’t know?